Gifted, Highly Gifted and High Ability Magnet
Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School
News for March and April
- The eChoices applications have been processed and parents were notified in mid-March whether their children were offered a spot in the magnet or were placed on the waiting list. Parents have until April 7th to accept or decline magnet placement. After that, remaining open spots will be offered to students on the wait lists in priority order until all spots are filled, a process that takes usually from mid-April until late May.
- This year we will finish out the year with about 680 magnet students. We have had some families move away during the semester but will be able to offer those spots to students for next year.
- Our fundraising efforts have gotten off to a very slow start but the ERMAC parent officers are working hard to put a fundraising program together to prepare for some immediate needs as well to get a jump on next year. Thanks to Lynh Haaga for stepping up to lead this charge! Lynh, by the way, is the ERMAC President and Treasurer. Thanks also to the dynamic duo of Esther and John Juarez who were elected to the ERMAC positions of Treasurer and Vice-President, respectively.
- Expect a fundraising letter from your Magnet child soon!
Table of Links
Help Us Fundraise
- The Eagle Rock Magnet Advisory Committee will be sending a direct appeal letter in late September. More information will be provided as we get closer to the release of the letter.